In this section...
The SENCO monitors the provision which is in place for the SEN pupils by
- Observing and monitoring the effectiveness of interventions
- Discussions with class teacher and teaching assistants
Provisions will be changed based on the need of the child.
- The school’s SENCo has passed the National Award for SENCO’s. This is a required expectation for anyone taking the role of SENCO within their first 3 years.
- The SEN HLTA has recently passed her foundation degree.
- In–house training is organised to meet the needs of SEN pupils
- Queens Drive provides all staff with opportunities to attend training for specific needs when available.