In this section...
The school has a caring ethos and is committed to the child’s overall well-being.
- Topical assemblies
- School council (where children can put forward their views)
- Circle times to encourage discussion
- Personal. Social, Health and Education Lessons
- Lunch time and after school clubs
Preparing for transitions
- Visits to the next school/class for the child, parents and SENCO are arranged.
- SENCO passes on all information about the child in plenty of time for the new school/class teacher to familiarise themselves with the child
- Meetings are organised by the present and receiving Head and/or SENCO to discuss the child’s transition for parents and teachers.