Government advice states the following:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
If you are a key worker (see list below); and would not be able to provide safe care for your child during this time of school closure, provision will be available for your child.
Please call the school immediately / speak to school staff if you feel you fit into this category.
Key Workers (for full list visit Gov.uk ~ Guidance for schools, colleges and local authorities in maintaining educational provision)
- People who work in:
- Health & Social Care
- Education & Childcare
- Key public services
- Local and national government
- Food & necessary goods
- Public safety & national security
- Utilities, communication & financial services